Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ride Recap - April Fools Day Ride

Well, the weather forecasters sure tricked us on April's Fools Day. The mid week prediction was supposed to be for a sunny day with temperatures in the high 70's. Instead, we got a dreary day with the temperature in the 50's. It definitely felt chilly coming out of our mid ride stop at Panera in Lake Bluff.

The group included:

Big Bob
Cons
Dave
Gary
Felix
Heidi
Martin
Cool Randy
Almost Cool Randy
Ryrie

There was some discussion about whether to just head down the Skokie Valley Bikeway, versus turning west at Old Elm and taking the loop around the cemetery. The longer ride won out, so it ended up being aobut a 55 mile ride. The pace was probably just a smidge slower that last Sunday's ride, but still much faster than we were a year ago. Martin and I had weary legs from yesterday, and were not really pushing the pace.Cons has not completely recovered from spending a week visiting colleges with his son. Felix and Dave recovered remarkably quickly from yesterday's ride, and both did a number of strong pulls. Also, Cool Randy is quickly regaining  his fitness and took a number of pulls.

Despite the disappointing weather, it was a good ride. I don't think any of the cyclists in our group felt foolish about joining the ride

1 comment:

  1. I'm slowly coming back. I even rode my bike yesterday 4/2 and today (4/3).
    During my ride on 4/2 my chain broke, as it separated it violently spun over my head and entangled itself in my front wheel. THANK YOU HEIDI...I'm glad you were home and were able to pick me up and take me to Higher Gear. I owe you food.

    ReplyDelete