Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ride Recap - 1/15 to Fort Sheridan

Felix and I did an afternoon ride up to Fort Sheridan. Road conditions were not too bad, but Felix claims he still has a salty taste in his mouth from breathing the salt dust on the road. The roads were fairly dry and Felix had his fenders on, so I was drafting behind him as we headed through HIghland Park. We hit a little slushy spot, and boy did I regret the fact that I was breathing through my mouth. His back wheel launched a perfectly aimed gritty, salty gob of slush right into my mouth. Fortunately, that was the low point of the ride. Other than that, it was an enjoyable ride.

The wind was out of the south, and it gave us an opportunity to get in some good training on the way home. Going through Fort Sheridan we had to really work just to maintain an 18 mph pace.

Green Bay Road, Sheridan Road, and Patton Road (through Fort Sheridan) were all basically clear of snow. They may get a bit messy tomorrow if melting snow flows onto them.

No comments:

Post a Comment