Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4th Recap

Another +90F ride today. The difference this time, was one of those rare rides where you have a tail wind on both halves of the ride. The type of ride where you feel you can compete professionally until you realize it was the gentle hand of God pushing you along.

The roads were filled with MAMILs (Middle Aged Men in Lycra) just like us. Seeing this community of riders along the way made me feel good inside. I felt part of something larger, a club that wears clothes that are way too tight. When you ride, it's close to impossible to tell how old another rider is. I think it's more than just the clothes. Riding brings you back to a time when bikes were the way you and your friends got around. On the way home, if I squinted just a little bit, and looked at the shadow everyone castes, we were kids again. Try it.


The 80 miles we rode is now taking it's toll on me. Can't wait to meet my friends on bikes and ride again tomorrow

4 comments:

  1. Another good ride. This one felt like it was hotter than the Butter Burger Century. I am still trying to rehydrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy
    Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you do udderly fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they serve fresh milk at the rest stops ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be my third ride in 8 days that includes a Wisconsin segment. I'll try to bring back cheese curds.

    ReplyDelete